Worldwide supplies of canned tomatoes are mostly provided by Italy. With more than 77% of the quantities used in this category last year, the Italian industry has stayed well ahead of its main rival, Spain (7.8%) and the world's 3rd ranking exporter, the United States (4%). Outlets are just about as polarized: in 2016/2017, the EU28 imported more than 62% of the volumes traded, with the North American and Far Eastern markets respectively absorbing 13% and 9% of the shipments traded around the world. Other operators, in Portugal and Greece, are trying to get their share of the trade flow, but remain relatively discrete (2.2% of global trade for each of these countries), while three other countries of the world's Top8 canned tomato exporters (Netherlands, Mexico and Turkey) account for just above 3.5% of global trade altogether.
(from tomato news)
Related Industry Knowledge
- The mushroom
- The effect of the mushroom
- The mushroom shape characteristic
- Mushroom biological traits
- The mushroom gills
- Pharmacological effects
- Cleaning method
- Dietotherapy role
- Folding storage characteristic
- New shareholder of Chalkis
- Iran: Ban on tomato paste exports l...
- pallets for tomato paste
- wild and cultivated bluberry juice ...
- how to make a basic tomato sauce
- whold peeled tomatoes
- Cailifornia Tomato Processing capacity
- why we love tomto paste
- nutrition list of Blueberry Juice c...