In early February, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Nigeria, Chief Audu Ogbeh, has disclosed the federal government’s resolve to ban the importation of tomato products into the country by 2021.
He said the continued importation of tomato paste had resulted in massive job losses to foreign countries. “Federal government will continue to encourage Dangote agro-farms and the farmers to grow massive tomatoes in Nigeria,” the minister said, explaining that Naira 22 billion (Euro 53 million or USD 61 million) is spent on tomato paste importation annually.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The mushroom
- The effect of the mushroom
- The mushroom shape characteristic
- Mushroom biological traits
- The mushroom gills
- Pharmacological effects
- Cleaning method
- Dietotherapy role
- Folding storage characteristic
- why Nigeria ban to import tomato paste
- Kraft Heinz strengthens its presence
- Spring snow for new crop planting