First of all, what is tomato paste? It's a thick sauce of pureed, briefly cooked tomatoes that have been strained of seeds and skins; usually, there are no added herbs or seasonings (except salt). Tomato puree typically comes canned, and you'll find it with other canned tomato products.
You can substitute tomato sauce, with a couple of tweaks: First, cook the tomato sauce to reduce and thicken it just a bit. Second, check the ingredient list; often, tomato sauce is seasoned with herbs, vinegar, or other flavorings. If that's the case, you may need to adjust down the other seasonings in the recipe.
In fact, the tomato paste is quite different from the tomato sauce. from Technology, the tomato paste is made by 100% fresh tomatoes or made by tomato paste and food additives, but for tomato sauce, it is processed by tomato paste and vinegar, sugar, salt etc.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The mushroom
- The effect of the mushroom
- The mushroom shape characteristic
- Mushroom biological traits
- The mushroom gills
- Pharmacological effects
- Cleaning method
- Dietotherapy role
- Folding storage characteristic
- benefits of apple juice concentrate
- Manufacturing process of tomato paste
- Sachet packing is becoming popular
- 2018 China Exported tomato paste
- Tetra packing tomato paste
- Challenge for Chinese Tomato Paste
- where Chalkis will go
- goodpack for tomato paste first part
- Goodpack container for tomato paste
- California 2019crop forecast