Weather conditions permitting, the processing tomato harvest in the San Juan region is expected to reach close on 200 000 metric tonnes (mT) this year, which means that the area would be responsible, for the first time, for half of Argentina's national production.
For the time being, local sources indicate that production is satisfactory in terms of quantity and quality, and only mention a few difficulties linked to weeds. Windy and cloudy weather conditions this spring have indeed hampered the application of herbicides and plant-health products. As of 25 January, planted area represents 5 541 hectares for a forecasted production of 400 000 mT this year; there were some rains in San Juan but with good yields, reaching 100-120 t/ha on average. The harvest is starting in the region of Mendoza, where some 400 ha were affected by hail in the north-eastern part of the region. The current situation in the Rio Negro and La Rioja is satisfactory, with high temperatures and high humidity.
(from tomato news)
- White Kidney Bean
- Morphological Characteristics
- Distribution Range
- The Main Value
- Fold Sugar White Kidney Bean
- Folding White Kidney Bean Pork Soup
- Fold In Tomato Sauce White Kidney Bean
- Folding Plum White Kidney Bean
- Black Kidney Bean
- The Nutritional Value Of Black Kidn...
- Argentina 2019 Harvest
- Import Taxes Reduced To 120% For Al...
- How Is 2019crop For Chinese Tomato ...
- First Tomato Ketchup With No Added ...
- 2019 New Beginning New Hope
- Challenge For Chinese Tomato Paste ...
- Weak Harvest And Higher Market Price
- EU Expects To Increase Process Toma...
- Algeria Tomato Paste Reached 8millions